Friday, July 9, 2010

The Queen, the Goddess, and the Witch

Hello my wonderful dear worthy subjects -

First, I thought that it might be time to describe to you the type of queen that I want to be.  I do not want you all to think of me as the queen that you bow too or the one that declares 'off with your head.'  No, I am the queen that takes tremendous responsibility for her subjects.  I am the queen that agonizes over her decisions to ensure that first and foremost they are right for her kingdom and that often comes with self-sacrifice and sometimes personal disappointment.  I am the queen that shares in her royalty and wishes she could hide in her shame and defeat - but instead shares it for the betterment of the kingdom.  I am a queen of the people.   

With all of that said dear ones I feel it is my job as the queen of connect or at least as the ambassador to ask you all to participate with me in taking some personal responsibility for being part of this world.  I saw this wonderful bumper sticker the other day by this woman that I can only describe as being exotic and so beautiful she took my breath away.  It took me a minute to realize this queen was also 1000 months pregnant and as she said later ready to pop at any moment.  This dear gift from god, both the beautiful woman and the new life to join us soon, were driving in a silver car.  The car was well maintained but it had one very important bumper sticker on the back.  It said (I paraphrase) "We are all gods children, No exceptions."  Why was this even  more interesting to me ... and this may say something about me that I do not intend, this exotically beautiful woman looked to me like she was either Indian or Arab or someone of Middle Eastern decent.  So, although this points our some internal bias I must have that I am embarrassed about, I assumed in the store she was Hindu, Muslim, or Buddhist.  Now I had no negative assumptions or thoughts past that ... when I saw the bumper sticker I nearly cried and I also said a small prayer and asked god to forgive my ignorance and my assumptions. 

This leads to an experience that my dear friend "The Goddess" had at Starbucks today.  Someone that is not enlightened or that is ignorant of either their own bias, or themselves, or of how their words affect others called her a witch.  I assure you unless she was thinking that "The Goddess" was the main actor in a play she saw called "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" that "The Goddess" or the "Good Witch" in the Wizard of Oz that this dear woman was just uncomfortable with having greatness so close to her.  You see, having someone that is so powerful like "The Goddess" in your presence is really energizing.  She and I had a chance to meet in person one day and I felt better about me just because she was near.  She has this energy about her that is very nearly like a spell a beautiful good witch would put upon you.  So, I suspect this woman did not know how to explain this feeling of energy and enlightenment and instead decided to be a member of the dark ages and continue to live in ignorant bliss.  I got this same wonderful energizing feeling from the woman that will forever be referred to as the exotically beautiful pregnant woman.  It is these types of woman and people that we need in this world to help us in our mission to live in a safe, connected, and wonderful world. 

The struggle that I have now dear ones about ignorant bliss is that it in itself is the cause of things like the killing of 65 people by suicide bombers this week in Pakistan.  These dear people that decided to die for what they believe in decided that there was indeed something more important that their fellow innocent man or human.  They took with them to the kingdom of heaven 65 innocent lives.  The result of this is the depletion of trust in the Pakistan society for their own society.  They now can not trust that going out onto the street is safe.  The can not trust that even their young children can play with other young children in their yard or in the park or in the street.  Why, because those like the suicide bombers have taken that away for them.  All the terrorists in their country have taken away the right to live from everyone around them.  So I have asked that we all send a prayer, to the families of the ones that have passed on and to the families of the ones that caused the passing.  I also ask that we try to increase the trust that we all have in ourselves, our neighborhoods, and in our society.  The way that we increase the trust is by recognizing our own bias and trying to be cognizant of them.  I say look at yourself first.  Look at your person integrity and your intent.  Increase you integrity.  Do things that are good just because they are good.  Pick up some trash on the side of the road while you go for a walk.  You don't have to tell anyone, just do it because it is the right thing to do.  Think about what you do and the intent in which you are doing.  Do you intend to get some recognition and credit or do you really just intend to make the world better.  I think we all need to learn how to do things not for the recognition that we get externally but for the recognition that we give ourselves internally for having a good and pure intent to do what is right. 

Perhaps like ripples in the water if we all put in a pebble of love, understanding, and we first and foremost think of each other as humans instead of Arab, black, southern, African, etc ... if we do that perhaps we increase our global trust in one another and the world becomes a better place for us all.

With that I leave you dear ones,
The Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment